Concerned about high PET scan SUV score: Should I be?

Posted by ginger38314 @ginger38314, Oct 3 10:54am

I was looking at my pet scan results and even though it shows confinement the suv number was very high at 28.7 that and my high decipher score has my very concerned even though my biopsy showed low volume 3+4 and my surgery is atleast 3 months away.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Prostate Cancer Support Group.

I would try not to worry. I don’t think that SUV equates to an aggressiveness, just definitely more uptake pointing to the cancer. My Decipher was .60 and from diagnosis to surgery was almost 7 months. You can put your name on a cancellation list with the surgeon as i guarantee you, he will have multiple cancellations within that time, as patients change their planned treatments, patients getting sick several weeks before surgery and want to delay, and multiple other reasons.

REPLY

The SUV you were referring to was only found in the prostate? In that case, it’s going to be treated so it shouldn’t be a major issue at this time. If it was somewhere outside the prostate then something needs to be done right away, Something like SBRT radiation to zap it.

REPLY
Profile picture for Jeff Marchi @jeffmarc

The SUV you were referring to was only found in the prostate? In that case, it’s going to be treated so it shouldn’t be a major issue at this time. If it was somewhere outside the prostate then something needs to be done right away, Something like SBRT radiation to zap it.

Jump to this post

Thanks jeff

REPLY
Profile picture for wheel1 @wheel1

I would try not to worry. I don’t think that SUV equates to an aggressiveness, just definitely more uptake pointing to the cancer. My Decipher was .60 and from diagnosis to surgery was almost 7 months. You can put your name on a cancellation list with the surgeon as i guarantee you, he will have multiple cancellations within that time, as patients change their planned treatments, patients getting sick several weeks before surgery and want to delay, and multiple other reasons.

Jump to this post

Thanks I will try to not worry. I definitely will get on a cancelation list
hopefully by early next year this will be done and over with.

REPLY
Profile picture for wheel1 @wheel1

I would try not to worry. I don’t think that SUV equates to an aggressiveness, just definitely more uptake pointing to the cancer. My Decipher was .60 and from diagnosis to surgery was almost 7 months. You can put your name on a cancellation list with the surgeon as i guarantee you, he will have multiple cancellations within that time, as patients change their planned treatments, patients getting sick several weeks before surgery and want to delay, and multiple other reasons.

Jump to this post

Had my biopsy in July so it will be probably be at least 7 months before
treatment hopefully like you stated can get a earlier appointment

REPLY
Profile picture for ginger38314 @ginger38314

Had my biopsy in July so it will be probably be at least 7 months before
treatment hopefully like you stated can get a earlier appointment

Jump to this post

REPLY

In April this year, had a 2nd biopsy. 4 cores of 3+4. One core was 17mm with 100% 3+4, including 40% gleason 4.

Surgeon and I discussed options. I indicated I wanted to enjoy the summer with my wife, children, and grandchildren. Surgeon agreed with that plan. Had my surgery on Sept 16th. Everything has gone well.

Best wishes as you work to enjoy (best possible) your time between now and treatment.

REPLY
Please sign in or register to post a reply.