Share this:

Hi TinaMarie, Happy Birthday! Proverbs 24:10 If you falter in times of

Posted by @wbrowne0 in Just Want to Talk, Sep 28, 2012

Hi TinaMarie, Happy Birthday! Proverbs 24:10 If you falter in times of trouble how small is your strength. I am happy to see that you have been clean and sober for 5 1/2 months. Con gratulations. I feel that you have a strong spiritual side after reading "About Me". You know that we will be made stronger in our weakness. I have not been paying attention to some of the things I know the Truth about. My 49 yo husband was just diagnosed with PTSD and I don't have a way to know how to cope with this disorder. I have focused on his excessive drinking instead. He is in a extreme amount of pain, awaiting surgery on his RT shoulder. I have been to AA and Al-non, but realized last night that I have been focusing on the wrong thing. I quit drinking 3 yo ago and take pain medication daily post back surgery 10yrs ago. (failed). I have abused my meds when emotionally "tried" and have been able to get back to taking as perscribed. That has been about 1 1/2 - 32 yrs now. This situation in my life now is very trying for me. It is a struggle. I pray that your parents will see you for who you are and help you find information and support you, I have seen what not havng support that you used to have and now don't can do to the one you love. I have no one who understands this PTSD the neuro-physichologist can only help him to react positively to triggers that set him off. They don't have the capability with dealing with this disorder either. How am I suppose to cope and understand. Please don't let this diagnosis be who you are. We are also helping a "new" friend through alcoholism. She has moved in with us, her boyfriend beat her , AGAIN, she has been sober for 2 weeks now, almost 3. I am happy to say, this time she wants to be sober and to regain her family back. Your not alone,. paulab @tinamariefog

Please login or become a member to post a comment.