Share this:


Posts: 2
Joined: Aug 08, 2011

Heart & Blood Vessel Conditions

Posted by @kmw03m, Aug 8, 2011

My little sister was diagnosed with MITRAL VALVE PROLAPSE about two or three years ago, after several unexplained fainting spells. Since then, she has been in drug therapy with very little improvement. As a matter of fact, she seems to be worse now than a year ago. He primary symptoms are dizziness (which leads to extreme nausea, heart “fluttering” or accelerated heart rate with what she calls “odd” pain in her heart, and extreme fatigue. Her cardiologists has told her the next step is to install a pacemaker, which REALLY freaked her out. She is starting to get really depressed because she feels like an 80 year old woman in a 21 year old body. I need help.



Posts: 2
Joined: Aug 08, 2011
Posted by @kmw03m, Aug 11, 2011

It’s me again, checking back to see if anyone has replied to my post. Either you guys don’t really read these things, or her symptoms are so common I must sound stupid. She is really freaking out on me about the pacemaker at 21. Does anyone know of alternatives for someone so young? And should I be taking her somewhere else besides a regular cardiologist?


Posts: 4
Joined: Oct 13, 2011
Posted by @greenbeanstock7, Oct 13, 2011

I had a pacemaker/defibilator put in when I was 24 years old. It’s not that big of a deal. It’s actually pretty cool because it will record any sort of abnormal rhythms your heart has to the date and time. And if you have a land line, you can get a machine that it checks it every night to see if you had any abnormal rhythms. I am 26 years old now and my pacemaker has never had to pace my heart, just has had various recordings where my heart fixed itself…not sure if that helps, but I’ve been through some stuff that she can contact me.

Bill R W 111

Posts: 1
Joined: Oct 02, 2011
Posted by @billrw111, Oct 2, 2011

I have had a pacemaker for 5 years, it was a vary easy surgery. My nephew had to have a defibulator put in at age 17, he is doing fine, very active,

Please login or register to post a reply.