Share this:
marie1121

Hashimotos Thyroiditis

Posted by @marie1121 in Diabetes/Endocrine System, Oct 22, 2011

Here is my story. I am almost 79 years old. I have diabetes and high blood pressure. I am on a variety of prescription drugs. About 4 months ago, my pointer fingers just started to swell. After going to a neurologist, a rhemoidologist, a physiatrist, and my endocrinologist, I was diagnosed with Hashimotos Thyroiditis. I am on Glipizide, Nateglinide, Lasartan Potassium, Levothyroxine, Lisinopril, folic acid, garbapentin, hydroxychlorquine, and synthroid for my ailments. I have no relief from my swelling. Has anyone ever heard of Hashimotos and, if so, do you have any methods of getting relief from the swelling? Thank you.

0407tbk

Posted by @0407tbk, Oct 24, 2011

Hashimoto's throiditis runs in my husband's family. Synthroid is the medication their doctors used to treat the condition. It is, from what I understand, an autoimmune disease. The thyroid basically come under attack by the immune system. It can lead to the thyroid becoming completely unfunctional. Talk to your endocrinologist about it. He or she should be able to help.

kellybelly1 likes this
peacekeeper

Posted by @peacekeeper, Nov 14, 2011

This has been removed for violation of our terms of use.

deliasanderson

Posted by @deliasanderson, Nov 14, 2011

go to 'discussions' and plug in 'hashimotos' and all the emails on this topic will show up and you can decide which ones are relevant and which ones you want to reply to.

peacekeeper

Anonymous likes this
peacekeeper

Please login or become a member to post a comment.