For a lot of students, school is already in session. The start [...]
For a lot of students, school is already in session. The start of a new school year can be stressful, especially if they’ve been victims of bullying in the past.
Mayo Clinic Children’s Center psychologist Dr. Bridget Biggs shared the following tips on how to help children who are victims of bullying.
- Talk it out: Ask your child about concerns
- Learn: Get information from your child about what’s happening
- Take notes: Record details of bullying events
- Discuss how to respond: Walk away, get help from trusted adult or peer
- Build self-esteem: Encourage your child to get involved in positive activities
- Team up: Reach out to teachers
Check out this San Luis Obispo Tribune article to learn more.