Fluoxetine Internal Vibrations…Why?
Hello. I have been trying to research what I can do to rid of Fluoxetine related internal vibrations with not much luck. Hoping someone can lead me in the right direction.🙏🏻
I have internal resting vibrations pretty much 24/7 since taking 10mg of Fluoxetine for a total of 13 days in January 2021. After the first dose, I couldn’t focus or concentrate on my pool shots. I decided to stop taking the medication. Then, 3-7 days later the pharmacy nurse called to followup on the medication. Told them what happened and they convinced me to start taking it again. Resumed taking for another 12 days and stopped. Have not taken any since.
The last day I took the medication: Pre-medication I played a guy in pool that made me shake (intimidation) on two different occasions and the shaking went away in about an hour or so. When I played him while on the medication, the shaking did not stop for 2 weeks straight (my level 5). I had a very hard time getting to sleep. I thought about being seen, but appointments take about 3 weeks and figured it’d be gone by the time I got in. I wasn’t dying, so I didn’t go to the ER. After about 2 weeks, the shaking finally went down to level 3.
I didn’t seek help for side effects until I went to recite a prayer from memory one night and couldn’t remember what I had just said, where I was, or what came next. After watching a memory video online months before, this was concerning to me. My PA declined my request to see a neurologist and referred me to a psychologist.
OTHER SIDE EFFECTS (that are gone as of May 2022):
– Urgent urination (varying amounts)
– Cold chills to bone at night, waking up with sweaty chest (rest of body was warm). This was less frequent during winter. Started in February.
– Lost motivation to do things…even family events (motivation is back).
– Cried less (watching sad movies)
– Would get depressed sometimes before medication, but that’s gone
OTHER SIDE EFFECTS (persistent)
– Internal vibrations (eyes shake when closed also)
— Circadian rhythm was way off, but getting better
— Vibrations made me not tired; slept less, but sleeping ok now
— I occasionally wake up feeling the vibrations
– Mind goes blank sometimes when trying to think about something
– Memory lapses like trying to put cereal in the fridge…I have to concentrate more on simple tasks, but getting better. I’m more forgetful and sometimes get confused easy
– Tinnitus is more evident
– No sense of hunger for at least 8 months (would feel sick or weak and realized I hadn’t eaten); I get hungry now, but I still forget to eat sometimes
– Treadmill in April 2021 – felt extremely weak in less than 5 min walking
– Treadmill in January 2022 – Excessive yawning after about 5-10 minutes walking and right side ache
– Scared easily
WHAT MAKES THE VIBRATIONS TEMPORARILY WORSE?
– Deep breathing
– Cold temperatures
NOTE: Alcohol does not lessen them
The vibrations are between level 1 and level 3. They are coming from my chest area. They make my head shake. Can feel them in my tailbone if sitting on a hard chair. Feels like a phone buzzing in my pocket when there’s no phone in my pocket!
NOTE: I have hypothyroidism, sleep apnea, low RHR generally 52-56
AS OF MAY 2022:
– I’ve had appts with two PAs since the vibrations started and the psychologist and they all agree the diagnosis is Anxiety. I have researched this extensively and cannot figure out what the issue is. I disagree with the “Anxiety” diagnosis. Anxiety may have initiated it, but can’t see it as a factor in continuing it. I’ve talked with multiple people who have anxiety and none of them have constant vibrations. I was in the military for 24 years and have never had any internal shaking like this. The shaking I experienced was more external shaking. When I get nervous sometimes (occasionally playing pool), it’s more of an external feeling. For “that shaking” pursed lips breathing helps.