Fibromyalgia

Posted by Dorothy57 @dorothy57, Nov 13, 2011

Does anyone
have this and if so do you experiences days of having major headaches, muscle aches, just flat down in bed. still working full time, but very hard. I was sick for 4 out of seven days las week!

@fibrosufferer

I know that feeling!! 🙁 I have a 13 month old that just started walking and getting into trouble..I’m 29 but I move like I’m 99…it’s miserable!!!

Jump to this post

Did you have a surgery or did it just come out of no where? It’s horrible you are feeling that way!! Take care of yourself and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

@phinze

You have just described my last week. This is truly a crappy disease.

Jump to this post

I agree with you totally! Tried neurontin which very suprisingly eliminated like 90% of my aches and pains..however the side effects were to much for me to handle, felt like i had the flu…dizzy..yuck. Stopped taking sat. Thinking about taking tramadol, anyone take that for the lovely irritations of this syndrome?

@phinze

Jump to this post

Couldn’t take that at one time seemed way to strong, made me feel really out of it! We just came home from Florida after a vacation, what a difference compared to Michigan in how my aches and pains. Hurting so much more here!! Doing the heat a lot and hot showers since I have come home, can’t really get by without my afternoon meds like I did in Florida. d
Does anyone have any feedback on living in Florida full-time? We are thinking on living there in the future if possible! Take care Dmdo glass, hope you find some kind of answer!! If you do please share!!

@phinze

Jump to this post

Thanks dorothy! My sister in law just moved to lakeland florida, suprisingly into a mobile home park! I couldnt believe it. But ill tell you what..she has a simple one level small home to take care of. The park has a huge pool with a community center. Lots of activiies available if your interested. The rules to live there are you can only live there for 7 months out of the year..then they come home to ohio and live in their regular house. Florida is warm and the cost of living is similar to ohio. Plus if you become a permanent resident there isnt any income tax in florida. If i find a med that works i’ll pass it on!

@phinze

Jump to this post

We have been checking from ft myers to Naples area but can’t really afford two places. Hopefully it will happen someday! Where in Lakeland, if you don’t mind me asking?

@phinze

Jump to this post

The park is called sanlan. Ft. Myers is very expensive because its a beach community. Lakeland is about 45 miles outside disney. West towards tampa from orlando

The only thing that has ever worked for the headaches is Topamax. Some docs don’t seem to even know or care what it is. Research it and educate them. As for the fibro pain, I don’t feel the small pain benefit is worth the side effects. If you are part of Mayo, ask your doc to refer you to the Fibromyalgia Pain Clinic. They teach you how to react to the pain. It’s not like the pain is ever going to go away, so we may as well figure out how to stop curling up in a ball when it comes. I’m learning to breathe and move when it comes. Sounds weird and stupid, I know. But it works and takes the edge off. I recommend it. I don’t have the option of quitting my job and moving to somewhere warm and tropical. Flat down in bed makes it worse.

I am wondering if anyone has tried Lyrica for pain. I have been taking Ibuprofen but it no longer helps me. I just worry about all the side effects. I am mostly concerned about the long term side effects. I don’t need more med probs on top of the fibro.

@susanemartin777

I am wondering if anyone has tried Lyrica for pain. I have been taking Ibuprofen but it no longer helps me. I just worry about all the side effects. I am mostly concerned about the long term side effects. I don’t need more med probs on top of the fibro.

Jump to this post

I tried it but felt like I was having a out of body experience. People at work were talking to me and I couldn’t here them to focus and also couldn’t concentrate at all. Felt very high feeling, but I am very sensitive to drugs. Good luck to you, hope you find something that works. Itakea 1/2Vicodin ES up to 3 times daily, Valium 5mg and Motrin 60mg up to 3 daily. This helps some but going to see two new doctors in January.

I have a friend with fm. How much does exercise help? She finds swimming a huge help. I don’t know what other people go through. It must be a challenge to have fm!!!!

I take savella for the Fm, but having a really bad flare. I get occipitial nerve injections for my headaches and take muscle relaxers everyday as well, but the headaches are still here with 100mg of Imitrex and two foircet as well. I have tried pt, exercise, diet- glluten free, no white, etc…anyone having luck with something for the constant pain? Iwill not take topamax as I was a lucky girl and got glaucoma from taking 200mg a day. Rare, but a real reaction.

@susanemartin777

Jump to this post

Lyrica has a higher weight gain than savella. The ibuprofen can give you rebound and give stomach problems too, so just watch.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.