Note: I have an appointment scheduled w/ my general practice doctor a week from now…
So, am a 38 y/o male, about 6′ 190lbs. Vegetarian my whole life (lacto ovo) and exercise 1-3 times a week on average — usually something cardio-ish like the elliptical, jogging or rowing machine for 30-45 minutes. I don’t know my body fat %, but could stand to lose 10lbs or so. I work in IT so am at a computer screen most of the day. I sleep through the night but rarely feel rested in the morning.
Anyway, two or three months back I started feeling a bit lightheaded. Just a sense of disorientation when I walked around kind of like a mild head rush. I chalked it mostly up to fatigue and it kind of came and went.
The last couple of weeks I feel like it’s worsened to the point that I began to think it may actually be something I need to look into.
– Resting heart rate – 69bpm. Perhaps this is a bit on the high side?
– Not sure on my current BP unfortunately.
– I don’t faint or anything, noor have I had any disruption to my vision.
– No weakness in limbs that I can perceive. I’ve had knee surgery in the past (ACL) and have always had a bit of numbness and tingling from time to time in that leg, so I can’t say that anything noticeably different is happening there.
– I can’t be certain if I’m imagining it or not, but it seems I’ve noticed my face feeling a little rubbery. Given my hypersensitivity to any possible symptom at this point I’m not sure if this one is real or not….
– I’ve still been able to exercise w/out issue. If I close my eyes I don’t notice the dizzy/lightheaded sensation.
– I have had chest pains off and on for many years (since in my early 20’s), but it’s inconsistent and have been told probably just something related to chest wall or using weights. Have never been formally checked for anything.
– I sleep through the entire night (6-7 hours) without issue and don’t snore, but again rarely wake up feeling rested.
Anyway, obviously worried could be something heart related or ITA (though to my knowledge my family doesn’t really have a history of this), but figure more likely to be diet related or something else. Symptoms kind of matched anemia, so I’ve started taking an iron supplement along w/ Vitamin C and B12 a couple of times a day. I think it can take a week or so to see any difference.
I may call my doc up tomorrow and see if they can somehow fit me in sooner. Not sure how worried I should be.
Anyway, will follow up.
Liked by Dawn, Volunteer Mentor