Share this:

GWHanleyJr
@gwhanleyjr

Diagnosed with Barretts Esophagus around 2005 after 1st EGD. Have had surveillance

Posted by @gwhanleyjr, Jan 5, 2012

Diagnosed with Barretts Esophagus around 2005 after 1st EGD. Have had surveillance Endoscopies done every 2 years since with no dysplasia. Diagnosed with Bronchitis September 2011, was given antibiotics and inhaler, and recovered after some time. Shortly thereafter Bronchitis type symptoms returned along with some asthma type symptoms ( coughing, wheezing, liquidy and crackling noises upon exhaling ), but this would only start to happen after laying down for half hour or so and lasted until I get up. After getting up or sitting upright in a chair for just a few minutes, the symptoms subside. This has been going on about 4 nights a week for a couple months now. I returned to my primary doctor after the symptoms returned, but she did not hear any noise in my lungs, sent me for another chest x-ray, and it came back negative. Like I said, the reason they did not hear or see anything is because the symptoms subside after standing or sitting straight up. Needless to say, I am rather sleep deprived. The only uninterrupted sleep I can get on these nights is in the recliner sitting up. I have had my bed propped up for years now due to the Barretts and I also use pillows to incline my torso even more, but this does not stop the symptoms. Has anyone had this type of situation?

Please login or register to post a reply.