Share this:

Posted by @lynchp05 in Just Want to Talk, Nov 13, 2011

Suffering from major depression. Friends noticed. Work noticed. I need help. Any natural non-over the counter things i could do? Vitamins? I dont know what else to do.

Tags: depression

XOXO likes this

Posted by @nativefloridian, Nov 17, 2011

Is 'major depression' your diagnosis by an m.d.? If not, Google it and see if you have all of the symptoms, if so, you might need medical attention. In addition, try exercising and talk therapy with a good counselor if things are troubling you (possibly causing depression).

Posted by @bigb, Nov 20, 2011

Depression runs in my family, my father was hospitalized because of it. I am seeing a therapist right now because of anxiety and bouts of depression. The treatment that I am going through right now is called Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. This tool has been successful for both issues. In this treatment, the main focus is replacing negative thoughts with positive thoughts. There is journaling involved. Once the positive thoughts become second nature and the negatives rarely pop up, you will start to think more clearly, and looking back you will realize how outlandish they were. This practice along with MEDs can really benefit individuals with major depression. I recommend you Google it.

XOXO likes this

Posted by @hennypenny, Jan 30, 2012

I am discovering that depression and anxiety run in my family; my late mother had it and my sisters have some form of it. My latent depression has become full blown over the last year because of life changes events causing high stress. The one thing I have found that works is consistent exercise. Even if you walk only 30 minutes a day, do something.

Please login or become a member to post a comment.