Depression

Posted by gonbev23 @gonbev23, Jul 6, 2012

I am new to this, I have had depression going on 8 years and I take medication, but nothing seems to be getting better. I am always sick, and I am tired of that, so, I am looking for ways that will help me. I lst my father to cancer, and I couldn't get over it for a year. I had cancer and almost died, and took care of my mother until she passed and I feel like I can't do anymore. But I can't give up because I take care of my little brother that has Downs, and I have my kids and grand kids. Help

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Cancer Support Group.

Oh my goodness. You have more than you deserve. Sometimes life deals us a bad deal. I know it doesn't seem fair but that's theway it is.I have had a lot wrong in my life and still do. I serve God, I am a Christian, but I still havemany problems. Some I feel are not far because I try so hard. First of all, do you live near a All Natural Food Store where they sell herbs, alternative medicine, herbal suppliments and Homeopathic Remedies? If you do, than more than likely the owner can help you. He/She knows what you need. I have recently been to an Herbalist for many problems...depression and formaldahyde posioning by living in a new trailer and then a new doublewide. My liver is full of poison and doctors gave up on me. It causes MCS (multiple chemical sensivity) fatique, headaches, insomnia, just plain ole sick and tired all the time. She only charged me 45.00 for the consultatin and put me on a liver cleanse (no fasting) and then NAC and after a month of NAC she put me on Adicide Chord and still take the NAC for at least 6 months, maybe as long as a year. I am on my second month. I see no difference yet but I should soon. Homeopathy and Herbs are very slow to get into our bodies. Chemicals get in out systems fast and drive us nearly crazy with more symptoms. Wht don't you please try and Herbalist and if you can afford it (I sure can't) find you a Homeopathic Doctor. I know thay can help. Be Blessed.

Hello,
I feel your pain with losses and depression. It can take so long before one can find the right medication regimen. For some, medications do not work at all. I had elecroconvulsive therapy last year (ECT) and it really helped. I know it can be scary but it's really not barberic the way it was years ago. Just a thought..
Take care,
Hugs

Hello,
I feel your pain with losses and depression. It can take so long before one can find the right medication regimen. For some, medications do not work at all. I had elecroconvulsive therapy last year (ECT) and it really helped. I know it can be scary but it's really not barberic the way it was years ago. Just a thought..
Take care,
Hugs

I am sorry for your losses and condition but what helps me on my worst day ( I am a cancer survivor as well) is simply prayer. Jesus has been my cure and he is the only one I know that is the giver of life and true happiness. I pray for your complete restoration and peace. God bless you.

@roxie43

Hello,
Take care,
Hugs

Jump to this post

Thank you for answering. im on a leave of absense now. I asked the pdoc to help me stay home so I'm home for a month (or more). She gave me zyprexa 2.5 to take at night, it sure knocks me out. I'm still scared and embarrassed with all this. I feel so alone. My 22 yr old daughter lives with us. I'm worried about what this is doing to her. My husband also tries to help, but no one can really understand. Now I'm back to smoking (I took chantix to quit). I don't have anyone that I really want to talk to.

@lovinjesus

Oh my goodness. You have more than you deserve. Sometimes life deals us a bad deal. I know it doesn't seem fair but that's theway it is.I have had a lot wrong in my life and still do. I serve God, I am a Christian, but I still havemany problems. Some I feel are not far because I try so hard. First of all, do you live near a All Natural Food Store where they sell herbs, alternative medicine, herbal suppliments and Homeopathic Remedies? If you do, than more than likely the owner can help you. He/She knows what you need. I have recently been to an Herbalist for many problems...depression and formaldahyde posioning by living in a new trailer and then a new doublewide. My liver is full of poison and doctors gave up on me. It causes MCS (multiple chemical sensivity) fatique, headaches, insomnia, just plain ole sick and tired all the time. She only charged me 45.00 for the consultatin and put me on a liver cleanse (no fasting) and then NAC and after a month of NAC she put me on Adicide Chord and still take the NAC for at least 6 months, maybe as long as a year. I am on my second month. I see no difference yet but I should soon. Homeopathy and Herbs are very slow to get into our bodies. Chemicals get in out systems fast and drive us nearly crazy with more symptoms. Wht don't you please try and Herbalist and if you can afford it (I sure can't) find you a Homeopathic Doctor. I know thay can help. Be Blessed.

Jump to this post

I would like to thank you so much, for your reply. You know I do take herbs, but I never thought of an Herb doctor. I will do that today. Trust me I have tryed everything and I have been almost ready to give up sometimes, but I can't.
I am so sorry to hear about your illness, I am a good listner, if you every want to talk please feel free to do so.
Thank you again. My GOD Bless you always.

@lovinjesus

Jump to this post

Hi gonbev23, thank you so much for the sweet reply. Let me know what happens. I have tried everything too, but so far the all natural suppliments and immune system builders are all that has helped me; the Homeopathic Remedies also. But when I was formalyhyde poisoned the second time I went waaaaaay down and now I am going through the liver cleansing process fr 6-12 months. I pray hard that it works. God bless you too my friend. Thank you for your confidence. Smiles and Hugs, Gerri

I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain. You've had more to cope with and struggle through than most people and I hope you give yourself credit for that. Caring for someone with a disability is a rewarding but draining job and you've had so many other emotional stressors I'm afraid you wore yourself out. Obviously continue to pursue professional help and medications. Also seek out support groups and social activities. Im training for a marathon to help me beat my depression. I also have cancer, a sick mother, and a nephew with autism. It helps to have something unrelated to all that going on. Also try to take a vacation, indulge yourself, let yourself heal. Seek out people you can be yourself around, and don't feel guilty for being depressed! You are not doing anything bad. You emotionally over-extended yourself and it's time for you to heal. Be well! I wish you the best!

Please sign in or register to post a reply.