Share this:
Disfraz1
@disfraz1

C Diff

Posted by @disfraz1, Jun 28, 2016

Currently on my second recurrence. Anyone out there have any experience with diverticulitis and c-diff?

Hi @disfraz1, and welcome to Connect. I’m tagging @lynnkay1956, @allegro and @aigimw – all members who have wrote about their journey with diverticulitis. I would also encourage you to check out the Digestive Health group as there may be additional members discussing the condition (http://mayocl.in/292wLFY). @kathymeyers and @tedjoanie have shared their c-diff stories on Connect in the past.

Are there any suggestions for handling these conditions that you can share with the group?

Hi @disfrat1, I had C Diff from the strong antibiotics given in the hospital after an appendectomy. It was so painful! I’m sorry you have I again. It seems I was told that once we have it, it is always there and can flair up again. I don’t wish it on anyone!

I see your post is over a year ago. Any advice for us? My 16 year old son has C Diff. He finished his round of Flagyl with horrible side effects. He bagan probiotics. Now the diarrhea is back. Anything??

Hello. Just joined and didn’t realize some posts were made years ago so not sure where to start that’s current. I hope your son has recovered.. that’s so young to be sick. I was just diagnosed at age 74 after lots of antibiotics for bladder infections… won’t write more til see if this site is active. Best wishes, Valerie

Hi, @reg395 — welcome to Mayo Clinic Connect. Sorry to hear about your bladder infections and then diagnosis with C Diff., or Clostridium Difficile.

Yes, this particular discussion is a little older, but I'm hopeful that @kyjeanne @tammy1pike might return and share about their experiences and answer any questions you may have.

Here is some Mayo Clinic information on C. Diff. that might be useful: https://mayocl.in/2IfMfZd.

@reg395 — what types of symptoms have you been experiencing with the C. Diff? Do you know if yours was classified as mild to moderate or as a severe infection?

@reg395

Hello. Just joined and didn’t realize some posts were made years ago so not sure where to start that’s current. I hope your son has recovered.. that’s so young to be sick. I was just diagnosed at age 74 after lots of antibiotics for bladder infections… won’t write more til see if this site is active. Best wishes, Valerie

Jump to this post

Hello @reg395
I am so sorry you are dealing with CDiff. It is awful!! I ended up dehydrated and in the hospital with it. That was in 2012, and so far, I haven’t had any episodes of it since. Thank God! My stomach was so full of gas that I couldn’t fit into my pants. It is so painful. I don’t have any good advice for you. There is hope for better days, though.

Please login or register to post a reply.