Share this:

burning mouth syndrome

Posted by @annamae1952 in Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat, Dec 21, 2011

I finally got a diagnosis of burning mouth syndrome. I have severe food allergies after an allergy doctor gave me yeast shots along with dog, cat, tree allergy shots. It took a different doctor to diagnose it. She has me on a very restrictive diet. I only eat chicken, beef, very few vegetables because of mold allergies and few fruits. I drink only rice milk and water. I also take alpha lipoic acid every day. It has taken over 2 years but I am finally getting relief. I can go almost 3 days without a breakout if I follow the diet perfectly. Sometimes I break out for no reason at all. It could be from stress also. I eat frozen mixed vegetables with chicken or beef twice a day. Boring, but I feel better. I also fry brown rice in olive oil for a change of taste.

Posted by @annamae1952, Dec 21, 2011

I forgot to tell you I also take 10mg. nortriptylene 3 times a day with the alpha lipoic acid.

Posted by @blackhawkshani, Dec 21, 2011

I just started having problems with this and was really shocked to find that the doctors don't really know the cause. It's very uncomfortable and happens randomly. It actually will go away after about 10-14 days, be gone for weeks or months, then pop back up for no reason. Peroxyl mouthwash from Colgates seems to help a lot. I'm going to try the ALA supplement too, and see if that makes a difference. I don't seem to have any allergies either. Very frustrating!!

Please login or become a member to post a comment.