Triple negative breast cancer with metastasis: Want to talk to others

Posted by sewhappy @sewhappy, Jun 25, 2012

This is the 3rd time, now stage 4, spread to lung and bones.
I would like to talk to another person with the same cancer.

Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Breast Cancer Support Group.

Hi Sewhappy,
What would you like to discuss about breast cancer? I'm triple negative,
stage 3 and want to get in a trial at the Mayo. I live in Ohio, so it's going to
be a bit of a trip. Sewing and rug hooking are my main hobbies.
Take care and write if you like.
Best,
Cosette

@cosette

Hi Sewhappy,
stage 3 and want to get in a trial at the Mayo. I live in Ohio, so it's going to
Best,
Cosette

Jump to this post

Hello Cosette,
The chemo I started on is not working, cancer is growing and gone into the left lung, it is already in the right one, also spots on the liver. Stage 4.
This week they started another kind of chemo, hoping to stop it from growing.
The last 2 days I feel like I am not sick, 2 weeks before I was in a lot of pain. After a scan it explained the pain, because it started in the left lung.
I do not want to go some place else for treatment. In Feb this year I was in Houston for a month with my friend, her husband went for research at MD Anderson for leukemia. I rather be close to friends and family. When I feel good I enjoy verry much helping others with sewing. We have so much fun and I feel they all need me. This keeps me positive, instead staying in a motel alone somewhere nothing to do. I love my sewing and sharing what I can.
I do not understand stage 3 triple negative. Would you care to share.
One last question, I never heard that name Cosette, is that french? I am from Luxembourg.
Take care, all the best to you,
Jackie

@cosette

Hi Sewhappy,
Best,
Cosette

Jump to this post

Hi Jackie,
I hope the knew chemo works better. Sometimes I think the docs need to
try different approaches (of which there are many it seems) and see what
works. I had some rough chemo rounds in the past two yrs. (was diagnosed
in 2010). In answer to your question... Triple Negative bc does not express the genes for estrogen receptor (ER), progesterone receptor (PR) or Her2/neu--
thus all three are negative (most bc is not like this but has positive receptors).
With TNBC, there is no Herceptin or drugs to help with recurrence and
tnbc is agressive and only 15% of bc patients are in this category (which is
composed of numerous subsets of the disease which the researchers are
just discovering). That's about it in a nut shell.
I totally understand the staying in a motel in a strange city thought---If Mayo has a trial for me, though, I'm going to grin and go. MD Anderson was anyother possibility although there is a trial in my home state that is crawling at a snail's pace and not accepting anyone anytime soon.
I, too, love sewing and recently took up rug hooking with wool strips to get
my mind off of all of "this" c. business.
Cosette is a French name. French is my second language, though I've
forgotten so much of it. Did go to Quebec a few weeks ago, and that was fun.
You are from Luxembourg, how long have you been here?
Take care, and by the way, check out Dr. Oz's web site for anti-cancer
foods---several lists on it (5 foods that "kill c. cells" ---bok choy (also broccoli,
cauliflower, B. sprouts), cooked tomatoes, strawberries, artichokes, and
flounder.
Best,
Cosette

@cosette

Hi Sewhappy,
Best,
Cosette

Jump to this post

Hello Cosette,
I am so happy that you emailed me again. Even if you do not have the same cancer just listening to someone who has a hard time with cancer helps.
Some days I am so tired or in pain, then I rest.
Most of the time friends come over and I teach them about sewing. My friend from Tucson called this afternoon again with a problem, that I fix by email or over the phone.
There is so much I would like to share with me friends I have no time thinking of how long I have left.
Hospice was here today to prepare me.
I do not need hospice yet but they want to get to know me when I need them. In 02 I had left breast cancer her2, in 05 cancer in my right estrogen. Then this year in Jan I felt a bump on my breast bone, ignored it, I thought it was calcium buildup. Febr. I went to Houston to help my friend, if you go to MD Anderson stay at ST. Dominic, archdiocese of houston, I love it there. 3/4 mile from the hospital, around $ 50 per night.
I am 66, came to America in 65. Have 3 children, divorced and remarried (6 years) I took care of my husbands wife for 18 months until she passed. We stayed friend and married as friend, never a love affair but a peaceful marriage.
My friends are crying more than I am they say, what are they going to do with out me, I told them every one is replaceble.
I wish we known each other when you went to Canada, we could have visited together, we live in Michigan. One hour north of Grand Rapids.
Well dear Cosette, take care, all the best for you.
If there is any thing I can help you with a pattern or a pattern you are looking for let me know. For me it is so peaceful to sew.
Best, Jackie

I just wanted to say hello to both of you. In April, I lost my dearest friend to an incredibly aggressive triple negative cancer that had begun as a tiny breast lump less than a year before. She was an amazing woman, and an endurance athlete in her mid-40s. The shock of it has still not left me. I find myself wishing she had had the time and ability to go for a clinical trial... anything. I understand what you are going through, because I was there with her. I wish you both the best. It feels like I've been dragged into a war that the whole of society is fighting, and it makes me feel better to know that some one somewhere is beating this horrible disease.

Hello - I have just been diagnosed with grade 3 triple negative bc and will see my oncologist at Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, for the first time next week. I am told to expect 6 months of chemo followed by 4-6 weeks of radiation. I have passed the terrified point but am very aware of what thew statistics indicate for this type of cancer. I plan to beat it because someone has to.

<p>I was diagnosed with stage III, grade 3 triple negative breast cancer in March, 2014. I wen through chemotherapy of AC and 12 weeks of Taxol. I had a lumpectomy and 19 lymph nodes removed which were all positive for cancer. I am currently going through 33 rounds of radiation. Is there anyone who has triple negative breast cancer and can tell me what your protocol has been. The idea of a recurrence has me looking for a clinical trial already and would like to know your experience. Thanks.</p>

<p>Hi.. I was just diagnosed Feb 16 with Breast cancer. I am 44 years old and found a lump in Dec.. My ultra sound showed nothing, my mammogram showed nothing. I then asked my Dr to schedule me for a MRI and breast surgeon app.. The MRI showed the mass at 7 cms. I then had biopsy on Feb 16 and my First visit to cancer clinic on March 16 th, the mass was 13 cms ...I started chemo 2 days later.<br /> I have a Triple negative breast cancer and would like to know more about this type of breast cancer and enjoy talking to anyone who has had this type.<br /> Cheers, Always Positive</p>

Welcome to Connect, @terrianne.
I moved your message to this thread where you can hopefully connect with @cancerfree @rmerwin and the others sharing here. You might also appreciated reading and listening to the stories of other women treated at Mayo Clinic for triple negative breast cancer here: http://sharing.mayoclinic.org/s=triple+negative+breast+cancer

Terrianne, how much longer are you on chemo? How are you managing with the side effects?

I was diagnosed in 2013. Stage II. Clear margins. No lymph nodes. I did 16 chemo. 33 radiation. It's been two years since my last treatment. Doing great! So thankful for every day I'm given.

Please sign in or register to post a reply.