Share this:

Posted by @kathig1 in Brain & Nervous System, Nov 9, 2011

I had a brain tumor removed on 11/5/2010, followed by 28 days of radiation. I still feel like a dark cloud hovers over me even though my prognosis is said to be good.
I am snappy and impatient with my husband and cry at the drop of a hat. I feel ungrateful for feeling this way but I can't help it. Does anyone else feel this way?

Posted by @cdane, Dec 28, 2011

Yes, I have had my brain stem "swan" removed three times. Started when i was 9 and have been messing with it for 30 years. Have always felt this way. It doesnt help that the dr.'s tell me that my body will not be able to recover from the next resection so it will just have to 'grow' me to death. I laugh alot and that seems to be the very best medicine.

Posted by @kathig1, Jan 1, 2012

Thank you for your reply...what is a brain stem swan? I feel bad complaining beings you have delt with this since you were 9!!!! WOW!!! You have to be a strong person!!! I wish you the very best with your ordeal!!! What next for you????

Posted by @cdane, Jan 5, 2012

I've named by tumor the 'swan' because it is a schwannoma. What's next for me ? Nothing...Because the tumor exists in my brain stem and is inoperable the dr.'s tell me that my body will be unable to withstand the trauma of another surgery. So...I gues the 'swan' and I will just grow together until.......

Posted by @kathig1, Jan 6, 2012

Do you have to have regular MRI's? Did you have your surgeries at the MAYO clinic? Sorry i have a lot of questions...hopefully it will remain the same size for the rest of your life!!! Sounds like you have a positive outlook! I guess you have been dealing with this since you were 9 so it is just part of life. (??)

Posted by @chacha48329, May 15, 2012

I am new to the Mayo community. I was diagnosed with a large meningioma on my brain stem in 2004. I had surgery. 7 years later I am having radiation. I would love to meet either in person or online other people who share this type of tumor in the brain. I am in Waterford, MI. I am confused and concerned about the radiation treatment.

Posted by @kathig1, May 15, 2012

I didn't have the same type of brain tumor as you so, I can't really answer your question....I am assuming the Mayo clinic is advising you of this radiation? Did they explain to you why? I hope you find the right answers!!!! keep us posted. We all can relate somehow to any brain tumor issue.

Please login or become a member to post a comment.