Share this:
retairforceman

autoimmune diseases research with the IOM AGENT ORANGE COMMITTEE update 2012 June

Posted by @retairforceman in Autoimmune Diseases, Jun 18, 2012

autoimmune diseases research with the IOM AGENT ORANGE COMMITTEE update 2012 June 28-29 2012

Robert43DAP

Posted by @Robert43DAP, Dec 15, 2015

Any results ??? I was in Nha Trang '68 - '69. I have polymyalgia rheumatica.

colleenyoung

Posted by @colleenyoung, Dec 15, 2015

Hi @Robert43DAP
Here is a free electronic version of Veterans and Agent Orange 2012 Update
Committee to Review the Health Effects in Vietnam Veterans of Exposure to Herbicides (Ninth Biennial Update); Board on the Health of Select Populations; Institute of Medicine.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK195090/

How are you doing? What are your biggest challenges living with polymyalgia rheumatica?

retairforceman

Posted by @retairforceman, Dec 15, 2015

Hi Colleen and Robert,  I have worked with the IOM AO COMMITTEE in 2010 and 2012 updates. I think you should write to Dr Ralph Erickson at ralph.erickson@va.gov 
AND Dr Carolyn Clancy carolyn.clancy@va.gov  . Please mention my name. MSGT LEROY FOSTER USAF.RET I am in hospital at HAMOT MEDICAL CENTER IN ERIE PA just had colon rectal cancer surgery as cancerous tumor stage 4 removed . Colon and rectum removed.  God bless you all.

Robert43DAP

Posted by @Robert43DAP, Dec 15, 2015

Hi colleen_young

I am so relieved that my pain is under control. I had blood tests, and the inflammation level results , (not savvy with medical terms), any way the rating was 120. My doc said most folks are really going out of their minds if above 40. Guess I can tolerate it , for a while. Biggest challenge it that food tastes really great now. Gotta resist loading up my plate. My doc asked if I was experiencing emotional feelings . I have to admit that I need to be holding back and not over reacting to situations that I normally am pretty stable about. My wife noticed my being more reactionary than before the prednisone. Been on it (15 mg) for a month.

colleenyoung

Posted by @colleenyoung, Dec 15, 2015

Welcome back to Connect @retairforceman!
I'm the new Director of Community here at Connect and we're re-igniting the conversations. I'm always thrilled when past members return to respond to new members. Thank you.

Also thank you for the work you did with the IOM AO committee.

When did you have your surgery? Was colorectal cancer only discovered at stage 4 or is this a second surgery?

retairforceman

Posted by @retairforceman, Dec 15, 2015

It was only diagnosed in stage,4.  The tumor was sticking out of my rectum 4 inches. The ERIE VAMC Dr ROUSSOS.PHYSICIANS ASSISTANT, and Dr Russ., PA, misdiagnosed it as internal and external HEMMEROIDS For 12 years.

Please login or become a member to post a comment.