On Facebook Live: #AsktheMayoMom about Kidneys and Kidney Stones
Dr. Angela Mattke hosted #AsktheMayoMom on Facebook Live for a live Q&A with Dr. David Sas, pediatric nephrologist at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.
Learn more about:
- The Kidney: What are the kidneys and what functions do they preform?
- Kidney stones: What are they and why is it a problem? How frequently do they occur in children? What are symptoms? How do you diagnosis them? How do you treat them? Are there certain risk factors for developing them?
- Urinary tract infections: How frequently are urinary tract infections (UTIs) in children? How do they present in children less than 2 years old? How do they present in older children and teens?
- Kidney failure/transplants in children: What are some reasons that children’s kidneys stop functioning, which we call kidney failure? When kidney failure happens, what are the next steps to treat children? What is dialysis and is it different in children than adults? Do we do treat children needing/receiving kidney transplants at MCCC?
- Dysfunctional voiding: What is this? How do you treat it?
View on Facebook