Appointments with Mayo doctors for out-of-towners: Epilepsy
How are appointments and tests scheduled for out-of-towners so as to spend the lesser amount of travel. That’s probably difficult to answer.
Interested in more discussions like this? Go to the Epilepsy & Seizures Support Group.
That question would be better answered by a moderator; hopefully Colleen (@colleenyoung) or Lisa (@lisalucier) will pop in, as they are much more knowledgeable in Mayo Clinic procedures.
Depending on what happens at your consultation they may want to admit you and decrease or stop your medication so they can capture a seizure in progress with VEEG (Video EEG). If you have seizures at regular intervals it may be a good idea to schedule your visit shortly before that time.
Wishing you the best,
Hi @heal33, To request an appointment, please call the number or submit the form found on this page: http://mayocl.in/1mtmR63
You ask specifically about how tests and appointments are scheduled to reduce the amount of time you have to spend away from home. At Mayo Clinic they understand that you want to use your time at the clinic efficiently, so the schedulers work closely with you to a) accommodate your schedule and b) to arrange consults and tests in the shortest and most practical time as possible. Some appointments may be available by teleconsult before you travel. Other members have talked about their experiences in the Visiting Mayo Clinic group here: https://connect.mayoclinic.org/group/traveling-to-mayo-clinic/
I think you'll be most interested in these discussions:
– Tips for your first Mayo Clinic visit and tests/appt schedules https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/tips-for-first-dr-visit-and-testsappt-schedules/
– Initial Visit to Mayo Clinic – How Long Should I Expect to be There? https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/initial-visit-in-jacksonville-how-long-should-i-expect-to-be-there/
– Tips: Traveling to Mayo to get medical care safely during COVID-19 https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/your-tips-traveling-and-getting-medical-care-safely-during-covid-19/
– Telemedicine: How to make the most of a virtual doctor visit https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/covid-19-telemedicine-its-a-brave-new-world/
– Your Tips on How to Get Off to the Best Start with a New Specialist https://connect.mayoclinic.org/discussion/your-tips-on-how-to-get-off-to-the-best-start-with-a-new-specialist/
Let me know if you have other questions.