I am in my mid 20's. My lower abdomen has been swollen for approx 4-5 months. I thought that the swelling was due to belly fat- as I used to be underweight and rapidly increased weight, but the area seems too firm to be all fat. I am worried that it is something else. Please let me know if you have any thoughts. I have provided additional information below:
- The swelling is in my central lower abdomen; I am skinny aside from my belly so I frequently get asked if I am pregnant
- I lost a lot of weight 2 years ago after becoming vegetarian, then rapidly increased my weight to normal; it has been 3 months since reaching my target rate. I am still a vegetarian but regularly eat eggs to make sure that I don't get a protein deficiency.
- I have not had a period in four years. I have been on birth control for 2-3 months to build up estrogen in my system; I usually still do not get my period-- but last week, had a bit of spotting.
- My fingers turn blue and swell when I'm cold or stressed (likely unrelated, but threw it in just in case there's a correlation)
- I work out a lot, including ab exercises
Any advice/similar experiences would be helpful!