@kathysway, I changed the title of your discussion to be specific to your question. @sparklegram is right. There are several discussions currently in the Breast Cancer group focused on hormone blockers (aromatase inhibitors, called AIs and selective estrogen receptor modulators, called SERMs).
There are 3 AIs
– Arimidex (chemical name: anastrozole)
– Aromasin (chemical name: exemestane)
– Femara (chemical name: letrozole)
There are three SERMs:
– tamoxifen in pill form (also called tamoxifen citrate; brand name: Nolvadex) and in liquid form (brand name: Soltamox)
– Evista (chemical name: raloxifene)
– Fareston (chemical name: toremifene)
Kathy, this is a crazy list of discussions. I provide them only as an inventory of the support you have here on Connect. As Sparklegram says, not everyone gets side effects. Women who don't have side effects tend not to write on the forum as they don't need support. I hope that you are one of them. As you get ready to move to a new treatment after radiation, what questions do you have? What questions would you like to prepare for your oncologist?