← Return to Pericardial Resection/Window - HFpEF, Pericardial Effusion

Discussion
Comment receiving replies
@robschweiger

I cancelled my participation in the clinical trial because once I got further into the details, it was going to be anything but "minimally invasive." I found out from one of the surgeons involved that they would now do it by cutting through the chest muscles in addition to putting a drain between my ribs. For this, they would allot one day in the hospital. Mayo then expected me to recover after that in a nearby motel. The time I would have to spend in Rochester would be a week or so … at my expense; and I had the feeling that I wasn't going to be in any shape to recover in a motel, make my way back and forth to Mayo for further testing; then make my way back to FL on my own. I decided if I was going to be a guinea pig, it wasn't going to be on those terms.

Jump to this post


Replies to "I cancelled my participation in the clinical trial because once I got further into the details,..."

I’m truly sorry to hear that, @robschweiger. May I ask if your doctor has provided any “next steps”? How are you coping with HFpEF at present?

  Request Appointment