Lifestyle changes are an important part of nearly every wellness journey. For some, these changes are all they need to achieve weight loss. And sometimes they are combined with medications, procedures and other weight loss strategies.
Lifestyle changes patients are encouraged to make include:
- Creating a nutrition plan that fits your goal
- Identifying and creating a plan for negating triggers that lead to overeating
- Finding enjoyable ways to increase your physical activity
- Becoming a more mindful eater
- Using stress reduction strategies
- Creating strategies to support healthier choices
- Building a support system to help you reach your goals
How Mayo Clinic’s Advanced Weight Management Program can help
Mayo Clinic’s Advanced Weight Management Program team can discuss these strategies in more detail during a visit and offer additional support, education and tools to support your journey. That support ranges from participating in behavior modification programs to meeting with a registered dietician, psychologist or medical provider individually.
You can learn more about Mayo Clinic’s Advanced Weight Management Program by calling 507-284-1600.