At Mayo Clinic we can do more than help you lose weight, achieve your wellness goal and make life-long changes for a healthier lifestyle.
Our program is the first in the nation to combine new state of the art endoscopic weight loss interventions, such as intragastric balloons and endsocopic sleeve gastroplasty and lifestyle modification thru the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living program. The ultimate goal is to have you lose excess weight and maintain the weight loss long term for an impactful health benefit. Mayo Clinic’s Non-Surgical Weight Management Program provides the latest in endoscopic weight loss procedures and gives you access to experts in weight management and behavior changes. The team is committed to your success and have spent decades helping individuals develop weight loss plans that actually work.
LATEST ENDOSCOPIC WEIGHT LOSS PROCEDURES
If you’re overweight or obese, and diet and exercise haven’t worked for you, endoscopic weight loss procedures may be an option. These minimally invasive, non-surgical, procedures reduce the risk of complications related to more invasive interventions, such as gastric bypass surgery and produce significant weight loss.
Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty reduces the size of the stomach using an endoscopic suturing device. It helps you lose weight by limiting how much you can eat.
Intragastric balloon includes placing a saline-filled silicone balloon in your stomach to limit how much you can eat and make you feel full faster. The balloon is removed after 6 months.
SUPPORT FOR YOUR WELLNESS JOURNEY
Like other weight-loss procedures, these interventions require a commitment to a healthier lifestyle. Mayo Clinic is committed to your wellness goals and wants to help you make changes that will ensure long-term success. That is why Mayo Clinic’s program includes a team of experts and resources to support you for your entire wellness journey. This includes:
- Access to Mayo Clinic's Healthy Living Program to help you learn about making better choices, cook healthier and become more active
- Personalized weight management plan that focuses on your individual needs in the areas of nutrition, physical activity and resliency
- A wellness coach to meet with you before, during, and for a full year after your procedure to support you in making healthy living changes.
TEAM OF EXPERTS
Part of what contributes to the success of Mayo Clinic’s program is the breadth of experts invested in your success. The staff in our program includes:
- Physician experts in obesity and nutrition
- Wellness coaches
- Physical therapists
- Exercise specialists
- Resiliency specialists
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE PROGRAM
- Prior to arriving - You will receive support and resources for your wellness journey before you even arrive at Mayo Clinic, including a personal plan and expert guidance. You'll complete a health questionnaire before you arrive, providing information on your current activity levels, eating habits, sleep patterns, and overall wellness goals. Your wellness coach will call you about 3 weeks prior to your onsite visit to discuss changes you can begin making at home.
- During your visit - You will spend approximately one week at Mayo Clinic for your program. In addition to your procedure, this time will include consultations with endocrinologists, gastroenterologists, and psychologists. You will also spend two days at the state of the art Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program facility for interactive learning sessions and individual meetings with your wellness coach, exercise physiologist, and dietician to create your detailed health plan for achieving your wellness goals.
- Support at home - In addition to follow-ups with your medical team, you'll continue to connect with your wellness coach by phone and secure messaging for a year following your procedure to meet your wellness goals while managing life's demands.
To learn more, call 507-538-1565. To make an appointment, call 507-284-2111.