"The People’s Instrument: The Rochester Carillon” is a music composition competition that seeks to:
- Showcase the unique compositional skills and perspectives of composers interested in the carillon art
- Provide a unique and comfortable soundscape for patients and staff that is beneficial to the healing environment
- Build patient and provider relations
- Expand the repertoire available to the Rochester Carillon and support Mayo Clinic’s support in the creation of new art beneficial to the patient experience
- Illustrate the Rochester Carillon’s role as “The People’s Instrument” and its value to the Rochester community
Compositions selected will be premiered on the Mayo Clinic Rochester Carillon in a special recital during the 2021 Humanities in Medicine Symposium. Following the performance, PDF copies of the winning scores will be made available via the Mayo Clinic Humanities Connect webpage. Composers of prize-winning works will receive a hard copy of the scores, printed and bound in a collection by Mayo Clinic.
Scores and all other materials must be sent to email@example.com by Friday, April 16, 2021. Winning results will be announced Friday, July 16, 2021, and premiered at the 2021 Humanities in Medicine Symposium (date TBD).
Please note that composer names should not appear anywhere on the score.