Mayo Clinic and ACS Event, Thursday, October 28th
Mayo Clinic is a proud sponsor of this event with the American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network (ACS CAN) Minnesota Research and Innovation Forum. The program will feature Mayo Clinic’s Dr. Lewis Roberts, Peter and Frances Georgeson Professor in Gastroenterology Cancer Research.
Thursday, October 28 from 10:30am-12:00pm CST
The event will discuss what is being done across Minnesota to advance health equity in cancer prevention, treatment, and research. Speakers will share how they are working to advance health equity and identify solutions to help ensure all Minnesotans have a fair and just opportunity to prevent, find, treat, and survive cancer.
Other confirmed speakers include:
- Senator Michelle Benson (31), Chair, Health and Human Services Finance and Policy, Minnesota State Senate
- Bukata Hayes, Vice President of Racial and Health Equity, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota
- Representative Tina Liebling (26A), Chair, Health Finance and Policy Committee, Minnesota House of Representative
- Nneka Sederstrom, PhD, MPH, MA, FCCP, FCCM, Chief Health Equity Officer, Hennepin Healthcare
- Robert Turesky, PhD, Professor of Medicinal Chemistry, Masonic Chair in Cancer Causation, Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota
- Luella Williams, Cancer Survivor