2012 Webinar Series Kicks Off Tomorrow
By Lee Aase from Mayo Clinic Center for Social… January 18, 2012 139
The Mayo Clinic Center for Social Media begins our 2012 webinar series, produced in conjunction with Ragan Communications, on Thursday, Jan. 19 with a presentation by a physician on how hospital communicators can make the case for their physicians to become involved in social media.
The webinar, “Communicators: Convince your hospital’s docs to dive into social media,” features Dr. Natasha Burgert, a board certified pediatrician from Kansas City who sees patient families full-time and also serves as the social media community manager for her private practice group. She often discusses parenting and child health on her blog, KCKidsDoc.com.
In this webinar, which runs from 2-3:15 p.m. CST on Jan. 19, Dr. Burgert will explain her journey from distant social media observer to community manager and medical blogger and will describe how joining online communities has benefited her medical practice and transformed how she connects with patients.
During this webinar, you will learn:
- How patients use the Internet for health care
- What patients really look for when they go online
- How most large health care organizations miss their social media targets
- How a physician should measure social media ROI
- How to define and overcome barriers to doctors’ use of social media.
- How to find the most effective tools for your online community audiences
- A simple formula to make your online content relevant and engaging
- Pitfalls and practical first steps as you investigate social media for your staff doctors.
ul>The webinar registration is free for members of Mayo Clinic’s Social Media Health Network, who can click here to access the free registration link via the Network community site. For more information about the Social Media Health Network, see the list of members and how to join.
Non-members can register on the Ragan store.